New 6600gt Acts Like Its Broken

ok the card i have is a leadtek winfast a6600gt tdh 128mb card, and is brand new.

ive no idea what motherboard i have as its not mentioned anywhere, so i cant find out either

well i dont know whats going on here, my 9800 did this when it was broken, but then i couldnt even see the desktop or anything properly either, now with my 6600gt desktop is fine.

so why does il2 look like this

grab0005.jpg

and every other game i own apart from Guild wars look like this

pic.JPG

i tried raven shield/soldiers heroes of WWII/WE8 and Por evo 4, everquest 2. plinter cell chaos theory

they all are badly ruined with this card

il2FB works perfectly as does guild wars

i have now tried 4 drivers and whenever i check the temp its never higher than 47.

if it is broken then why does il2 work?

i hope someone has an idea

i have disabled v sync aswell as anii alaising.

the drivers i have right now are 67.03_win2kxp_international also tried 71.89_win2kxp_english, and the default drivers that came with the card on the install disk unfortunatly i didnt see the type theyre were.

someone just pointed out that these are all D3D games that wont run, opengl games still work 100%! :(

Give as much information about your pc as possible, ie make / model (I'm assuming you've bought a pre built), we'll attempt to ID your mobo (have a look on it for any markings), this may be a BIOS update issue.

do you got a sis chipset??? they have a fix for that..It's in some beta drivers on 3dguru. I think the drivers were 67.03's Gravy would know for sure..You could PM him.

**edit-yes those are the ones. so give em a try.**

Edited by 10Gauge