Good Amd Cooler

I am thinking about moving over to the darkside.

I've got all the parts cept mobo and CPU so heres what I am looking at buying.

MSI K8N Neo2 Plat

AMD 64 3200+ Venice. The reason I am going Venice is cause its got SSE3 and the price is just about right..anyone have experience with this chip. The rig will be used mostly for gaming, CSS and Guild Wars.

Anyway I need a good CPU cooler for this s939 chip. My current P4 loads at 44C on air. I would like this chip to stay about the same. And something I dont have to modify to put a Fan on, or mount to mobo.

Edited by Cyberbeer

I am thinking about moving over to the darkside.

482099[/snapback]

Be strong, and let the force be with you.

Most will say Thermalright makes the best CPU Coolers, and i 100% agree, that an Zalman (i like Zalman's but theyre HEAVY)

i love my xp120....... weight/cooling ratio its the best. it keeps my 3200+@ 9 x 270 winnie at 43 celcius at load.. and i only have a 40 cfm fan (silenx)

and the star wars here in hungary is dubbed.... in hungarian :smack: lucky me

you have an asus mobo that can take a Pentium M cpu using the asus ct-479 adapter...

macci over at xs has his pentium m 1.6 outdoing an oc'd FX...

and they cost about the same as a 3200 (939)

something to think about if you've already got an asus mobo ;)

macci over at xs has his pentium m 1.6 outdoing an oc'd FX...

482184[/snapback]

The key word is "Macci" :lol: . As with all ocing, your results may very ;). Those mobile dothans sure do look good tho!. Much better made chips then the p4's.

I have no Idea why this is never reccomended. This is awesome at cooling and its super quiet. Go zalman CNPS 7700cu

482289[/snapback]

Im with you the Zalmans are GREAT Air coolers. Quite and they perform almost identically to the XP-90 for the 7000cu and the XP-120 for the 7700cu. Either way based on the mounting dificulty in my 7000 compared to the XP-90 i would stick with the 7000 any day. just so friggin easy :D

Oh btw their is ONE problem though, they are heavier, and for a skt 478 P4 system it would scare me bc of the retention bracket they use, but in all others it's 100% stable.

Edited by cchalogamer

I have no Idea why this is never reccomended. This is awesome at cooling and its super quiet. Go zalman CNPS 7700cu

482289[/snapback]

It's because they weigh in at almost 1KG!! That's 2 pounds!! The XP-120 will outperform the Zalman and it weighs about a third of the zalman. I have an XP-120 and I'll never go back :P

Guest Raven65

I'd go with a ThermalRight XP-90, I'm using it and love it. Put a Vantec tornado on it and if you don't mind the noise you'll be COOOOOOL.