What's The Difference?

ok ive been wanting one of these Saitek keyboards for awhile (i used to want the Gamer's keyboard, but now i want the Eclipse keyboard kuz it looks PIMP, and it glows thru the keys unlike the Gamer's keyboard) and i want a black keyboard

so basically i wanna know the difference between these 3 Saitek keyboards if anyone knows? if anyone has one, post how you like it

Saitek Gamer's Keyboard

Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

Saitek Executive Keyboard

Gamer has a Programmable command pad and is silver. Light comes around the keys.

Eclipse has a black keyboard and the light comes through the keys.

Executive has a dark keyboard and the light comes around the keys.

As you can see in this picture, the Gamer's Keyboard has a keypad that can be programmed for various keyboard presses and macros.

23-175-101-06.JPG

The other two keyboard lack the programmable keypad. If you look at the Eclipse keyboard, you can see that light shines THROUGH the keys themselves.

23-175-103-01.JPG

The Executive keyboard is basicly the Gamer's keyboard without the programmable keypad, in a darker color. The light goes around the keys just like it does in the Gamer's keyboard, as you can see in this picture.

23-175-102-01.JPG

So basicly, if you think that you will have a use for the keypad (I use mine not only for gaming, but also for surfing the net as back/forward buttons and opening/closing tabs) then go for the Gamer's Keyboard. However, keep in mind that the light does not go through the keys, therefore it doesn't really help identify them in the dark. If you want a keyboard where you can see the keys in the dark, then I would suggest getting the Eclipse keyboard. The only reason I see in getting the Executive keyboard would be

1. Save money by getting the cheapest Saitek keyboard

2. Have no use for the keypad

3. Don't need lit-up keys

4. Like the darker color compared to the Silver/Black combo of the Gamer's Keyboard

In conclusion, I would like to say that I absolutely love my Saitek Gamer's Keyboard. It is wonderful to type on, and is really amazing to play games with (my fingers don't slip and hit the wrong keys like with my old keyboards). I would highly suggest ANY Saitek keyboard.

I just picked up the Eclipse at Fry's this last weekend for $49.99--they finally got them back in stock --I like it :D

482148[/snapback]

I read in a pc gamer magazine i think ..and it says something about the keys being laptop like? is that true? Or are they being over observant?

ok nm wrong keyboard..my bad....

Edited by 10Gauge

I say get the executive, it looks better. You can set the macros to the regular keypad, and besides any true gamer can find their keys with a blindfold on, I know I can. (WOOT W,A,S,D :D )

I have the gamers board, good solid no frills keyboards the difference is

the gamers board has the programable pad, the key outline lights up

the eclipse, the key outlines and letters light up and no pad

the executive, is the gamers just darker and no pad

Edited by ProMod

Yea, I think he gets the picture that there is no diffrence other than the looks...dosent need like 5 ppl to all say the same things....

Anyways...im so tempted to buy the Gamers keyboard...but the fact that it has no WMP Play, Stop, PAuse buttons etc stops me getting it!

Cause when I game, I always hav WMP up on my second monitor, and to control it, I use the Play/NeXT/STOP buttons on my keybaord...so without em...I couldent control WMP...

Not trying to hijack the thread, but on that note, is there any Backlit keyboard that has WMP keys? (and mayb even lights up red instead?)

I hav looked but not been able to find any thus far :(