Building A P2/3, Need An Estimate

Dtaylor

Guest FxXP

For $30, he'd be lucky to come through with a complete P1-MMX system.

Honestly, he is kidding himself with such a request.

and my point is to spend that $$$ wisely by saving it and waiting. I hate to see people throw thier hard earned money AWAY.

$30 gets you a stop gap solution. that solution is also short term. a few months down the road, you're right back where you started. an out dated rig (or possibly a system that may have bought the dust... it's a chance you take). but worst of all your out the $30 that you should have saved up to put towards something modern and workable.

please invest your money in something you can get something out of.

I've got a P3 700MHz Celly with case, psu, mobo and some other junk in it not sure if its a complete system anymore or not. Its just taking up space in the attic, lemme price shipping on it and I'll let you know.

tell ya what i have a box of p2s p3s mobos ram floppy drives nics etc i'll send you for relatively cheap and you can make a bunch of $30 computers or atleast have parts for some

-drew

Thank you, crash.

I figured out that I had a power supply and case, and all the works except for the motherboard, CPU, and CPU cooler. My power supply is a bit..well..I'm not sure about it. It's an ATX, with 145W power. I was told that it wouldn't power the P3 I'm building, yet I'm running a Duron at 850mhz with a 150W supply. Something's weird there. Can anyone give me a price range on JUST the equipment I need(include shipping approx.) I can buy off ebay, so If anyone is interested in selling these parts on ebay in a few months, just price it and I'll tell you when I will be able to buy it. I'm in MI area code 49451(near muskegon).

I can ship you a P3 700mhz Celly with HS, and mobo (no agp slot, 2 RAM slots, 3 PCI slots) for 20 bux. You would have to buy a cooler, but they are cheap goto local computer store and you can prolly get it cheap.

If u include my cpu, mobo, psu, vid card, sound card, and one of my cd drives plus case If I wasn't using it already I'd give u it for 80 dollars. See sig for my comp. I do have a ? tho why are you so interisted in someting out dated. You can buy a athlon xp system for around 200 dollars correct. Atleast get somewhat modern with your computer. Only reason I got this is 1. No job (yet). 2. I'm nastalgic. Now maybe you don't have a job either but can't you push ure parents for 200 dollars or so.

I was told that it wouldn't power the P3 I'm building, yet I'm running a Duron at 850mhz with a 150W supply.  Something's weird there

481736[/snapback]

You weren't told that by me, I've actually got a 150w out of a PIII desktop here :P, I did question however the ability of a 200w PSU to power a P4 system (considering the CPU alone needs between 58 -> 105w) ;)