Friend Just Got Busted Today For Pirating Episode3

red930

I think that the teacher was completely justifies to do this. Even though it may seem "unjust" becasue you want to continue to do this. It is a huge illegal act and is also morally wrong, IMO. Dont blame the teacher for it, or anybody except this kid. He was not wrong for flaunting it, he was wrong for pirating the movie in the first place. If somebody is busted for drugs, was it because they were able to get caught or because they were dealing or using drugs in the first place? (rhetorical)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless Canada. The Land Where Nothing Is Wrong.

481741[/snapback]

Canadian here too. I can understand how the states takes a more agressive stance against piracy but I think the penalties are really out of line going to jail for about $20 bones is rediculous. But i guess our country doesn't do anything about anything lol.

I'll start out by saying this.

Yes, i do download movies

Yes, i do download music.

With that said, i download movies/music and keep them to myself, i dont share them with friends and most of the time i dont burn them to a disk. What i usually do is download a cd or movie and see if its worth buying. I feel that an artist should get full credit for their work, that is why i usually dont burn whatever it is to a disk. But i have sold a few cracked software and it was at school. For the most part, my teachers dont care about pirated music/software, they just dont ask how you got the mix of music that is burnt onto a disk, or they dont ask where you got the dvd burnt onto a dvd-r. In fact, many of the teachers at my school dont mind playing those dvds if student bring it in (and its the end of the school year). So i guese it just depends on your school and teachers, they do have the right to turn you in, but i dont think agree with them if they would, like someone else said, its less then $20 worth of media and you would get expelled or suspended and have a lot of legl issues along with it.

I am against the idea of piracy... but I have this much to say about teachers and school counselors after learning the following lesson the hard way....

The commercials are lying kids... if you have a problem, DON'T go to your teacher about issues in any way, shape, or form. Most will turn their backs and tell any secrets you confide to them for an extra 5 cents in their paycheck or if they think it will make an interesting conversation at the teachers lounge. Go to your parents, family members, your friends, your friend's parents or even the mailman... anyone but a teacher <_<

well he never got busted by the FBI. the school worked it out that he will just be suspended for 8 weeks next school year. which i still think is bogus. i think he learned not to bring the stuff to school.

Canadian here too. I can understand how the states takes a more agressive stance against piracy but I think the penalties are really out of line going to jail for about $20 bones is rediculous. But i guess our country doesn't do anything about anything lol.

486241[/snapback]

You got that right. Your country might as well merge with France, you would all get along nicely.

You got that right. Your country might as well merge with France, you would all get along nicely.

487966[/snapback]

haha ...

any ways i think those school execs are being paid by the industry to st examples of zero tollerance for piracy that way kids get scared

seems like america is moving towards religious persecution on file swappers. i guess trading drugs is easier than software lol. as for me, i think that all this is total bs. kids do it in my highschool on the low (trafficing drugs) lol. then again, they live in the projects and my lazy fat@$$ dont need a job lol. its good havin money and not have to work. If your doing something, keep it on the low simple. sometimes i feel bad for them kids who sell drugs and still look bummy.

I'll start out by saying this. 

Yes, i do download movies

Yes, i do download music.

With that said, i download movies/music and keep them to myself, i dont share them with friends and most of the time i dont burn them to a disk.  What i usually do is download a cd or movie and see if its worth buying.  I feel that an artist should get full credit for their work, that is why i usually dont burn whatever it is to a disk.  But i have sold a few cracked software and it was at school.  For the most part, my teachers dont care about pirated music/software, they just dont ask how you got the mix of music that is burnt onto a disk, or they dont ask where you got the dvd burnt onto a dvd-r.  In fact, many of the teachers at my school dont mind playing those dvds if  student bring it in (and its the end of the school year).  So i guese it just depends on your school and teachers, they do have the right to turn you in, but i dont think agree with them if they would, like someone else said, its less then $20 worth of media and you would get expelled or suspended and have a lot of legl issues along with it.

486251[/snapback]

I completlly agree with you... I dont see downloading is wrong... if you buy the music if you like it... hell, I know what its like to try to make some money and I would be pissed if someone went a pirated some program I made... Also, I dont really see a problem if you want to download a movie between when its in theaters and when its on DVD... as long as you saw it in theaters and also buy it on DVD...

Finally, they only prosecute the people that go and UL/sell the copies they get... if they went after everyone then most of the United States' High School aged population would be in school... its no seceret, most everyone does it (Hell, There were more people in the ep3 swarm then people in the largest theater in columbus, Im sure more than one of those people were from my school, and thats only one file)