Friend Just Got Busted Today For Pirating Episode3

red930

Though what he did is illegal, it's a sad world when no one gets caught with illegal drugs, infact that's been toned down... now everyone only cares about people with pirated software, and media.

Tell your friend he should be lucky that he's not in a different country and going to prison... america has the best prisons around the world. If he was in a Muslim country, they might chop his hands off so he can't steal... Besides, why ruin the EPIII when you can pay $2 more and see it in high quality surround sound and such?

Oh, and YES i would turn him in if I could (if the price was right)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know he can fight that being kicked out thing. the teacher doesnt know if the movie is actually on the disk. it could have been blank and simply labled. hell i could write "episode III" on a disk. lol Since he destroyed it then chances are the school can't recover any data. now if they do involve the FBI then im sure they can figure something out.

either way you look at it illegal ie ILLEGAL

wheather it be downloaded MP3's or movies or copyrighted pictures

the crime must be delt with even thought we have drug dealers everywhere

should we let pirates go?

well. untill we catch every drug dealer in the US

and stamp out the drug trade completly?

if we did that we would NEVER EVER deal with the pirates EVER!!!!

so in short if you break federal law or international law

then you need punishment

No offense man, but your friend is a freaking idiot. First he is in possession of something illegal and then he takes it to school. What does he expect to happen if he gets caught with it? The school has every right to kick him out and I am glad they did because he got what he deserved for being so stupid. I really kinda doubt he will see jail time though. He is probably more likely to get community service or probation of some kind.

Though what he did is illegal, it's a sad world when no one gets caught with illegal drugs, infact that's been toned down... now everyone only cares about people with pirated software, and media.

Tell your friend he should be lucky that he's not in a different country and going to prison... america has the best prisons around the world.  If he was in a Muslim country, they might chop his hands off so he can't steal...  Besides, why ruin the EPIII when you can pay $2 more and see it in high quality surround sound and such?

Oh, and YES i would turn him in if I could (if the price was right)

480672[/snapback]

If he was flaunting illegal drigs the same way, I'm sure they would have done something. The problem is that people don't have a problem with piracy, for the most part. I'm sure that makes people more likely to be open about having an illegal copy of a movie or song, than they would with drugs. There isn't really a comparison here.

Guest Jeremy

Though its kind of stupid to bring that kind of thing and trade it in school, being kicked out for the rest of the school year is ridiculous. I see people with pirated CD's/DVD's at my school all the time, and no one cares at all.

Since he destroyed it then chances are the school can't recover any data. now if they do involve the FBI then im sure they can figure something out.

480674[/snapback]

If tis the school only it's VERY unlikely that they could find much, but the goverment is good, back in the late '80s there was a case where some guy hired a woman to kill his wife, to make a long story short, he saved the emails btwn him and the killer to a floppy, and as the police arrived he smahed it into around 880 pieces (dotn remember the actual count) anyway the FBI (it somehow became a federal case) recovered over 80% of the data from the floppy, im going to guess that it would be just as easy if not easier with a CD/DVD...

ya the teacher bagged up the dvd and is saving it right now. i know my friend is dumb, but cant he sign like those papers that say he will never do that again and if he does then he will go to prison. like the RIAA did for all those mp3 traders?

possessing it is not a crime

480567[/snapback]

Riiight! Just try to tell that to cop who finds a little baggie of coke on you! :lol:

Cocaine is illegal just as pirating movies is.

Honest officer, that's not mine!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!