Another Star Wars Question

BiPolar

Okay, so this is what I've figured for Anakin's plan in going in league with the Emperor:

1)Anakin loves, Pad-me, will do anything to keep her alive

2)Palpatine offers Dark Side training to do just that

3)Anakin doesn't trust Palpatine, but is willing to do anything to save Pad-me

4)During dialogue with Pad-me before the final battle, he says he doesn't trust Palpatine and will overthrow him and then he and Pad-me can rule the galaxy and make it peaceful.

5)When he is returned to life by Palpatine as mechanized Vader, he is informed that he killed Pad-me, thus negating his need to learn the dark side to save her.

Now, let's say he's bitten the Evil bullet, but even if he hasn't, why didn't he kill Palpatine? He didn't need him anymore, because Pad-me was dead. If his plan was to use Palpatine to learn the secret to save Pad-me, he should have just killed him when he found out she was dead and taken over the Empire.

Right?

true, but for the most part he did not like Palpatine. And he could beat Palpatine in a fight. So why continue to be subservient to a man whom you do not like or trust?

eh, just a plot hole, methinks.

I dont think he could beat Palpatine in a fight.... yet. Plus, as Palpatine said, jedi/siths have a lust for power, thus Anakin continued his training with Palpatine. Plus he had already been consumed by the dark side.

etc.