Awh Crap Incoming! Again.

NCC10281982B

We have to bump up our numbers...I know with summer coming alot of people are going to stop folding or slow it down...I just installed a 5000btu air conditioner in my computer room...I have central air but I need it colder...sort of like Nerms meat locker but alittle warmer :P ...Come on everyone....Lets get those numbers up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my folding will significantly drop in the summer... i live near the prjects and the people buy a/c with like a kajillion btu for a little apartment or per room in a little apartment... and thus the creation of power fluxuations that nearly took down one of my systems and f'nin up a surge portector :lol: new york isnt electric friendly.

We have to bump up our numbers...I know with summer coming alot of people are going to stop folding or slow it down...I just installed a 5000btu air conditioner in my computer room...I have central air but I need it colder...sort of like Nerms meat locker but alittle warmer :P ...Come on everyone....Lets get those numbers up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

480070[/snapback]

I am ready I have 10,000 BTU in the computer room cramed full of PCs

I am going to try and get my 3.2EE back folding, its the machine that is down. I got a new Abit IC7 G is what Fry's replaced my P4C800 Deluxe with. I am not sure how its going to do since 1 of my 256mb OCZ RAM PC4200 EL was burned in the deal. It should fold with one stick. I know it will fold but I am probably not going to choose big WUs and a lower clock speed I am sure, but anything is better than nothing. I should have it on line tonight or tomorrow morning if everything goes well.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

• 1 month later...

I have folding crunching on 2 dual xeon servers at work. They were extra, so I took them and use them as normal desktops. I'm thinking about taking seti off of one and having it run total folding. The other one can run SETI and folding. I have many more computers crunching SETI than folding.... I wish there was a way to limit each to 50% of the total CPU load so they each take half.

Anyways, it's always hotter than blazes under my desk anyways, but we have the nice industrial air conditoning in our building, so their not going to change for the summer. My home computer will just sit with the interior door open and I'll leave the window open at night to cool it off, like I'm doing now. :foldon:

most of my computers were at school, so Im out of it. Hopefully, my school will not remove folding because I wont be there next year. Maybe they will sell me the machines in a few years. I was close to the school's computer dep't. They let me review the list of software to order for next year and modify accordingly. I added half life 2 because it was in their eductional software store's inventory for some reason.

I have SETI on my Math teacher's computer, but I didn't get time to download SETI or folding on all the computers. I should talk to the sysadmin there and see if I can talk him into it... especially if I can get him to do a managed install... they run a nice windows 2000 domain.