Sign in to follow this  
Cyberbeer

System Problems

:withstupid: it is a good idea to reassemble your computer and refer to the manual(s) for anything that you think looks like it isn't connected correctly. even if there is a problem your bios screen should show something. if not then i would double check your graphics card and your memory first. if you can establish something on the screen, then you can start to find what may be wrong.

Is there something on that board that prevents it CPU from working without a heatsink on it...?

Guest Flashstar

Not really, unless you removed something from your mobo before you installed your cpu.

Update...I tried again and nothing happens so I plug the CPU fan in and nothing. So I decide to put the dang HSF ontop of the CPU and secure it with the clips....BAM it boots...lmao wth?

Is there something on that board that prevents it CPU from working without a heatsink on it...?

481796[/snapback]

Please tell me you did not try and start the computer without the Heat sink attached to the CPU...

It only takes about 5 - 10 seconds to burn up a CPU. Trust me, I know first hand...hence CPU_Cooker.

I think when a system posts it hits the CPU with a lot of juice until everything settles down.

If you can't get it to post, and it seems to do more without the CPU than with the CPU, then you probably cooked something...like the CPU.

Hope that is not the case.

Maybe there was some thermal throttling saving you from burning it up.

CPU_Cooker

Oh dear, oh dear, easily the best laugh I've had on these forums, might I suggest some heatsink paste next ha ha ha HA HAAA (falls off chair)

uhh I know it needs a fan heatsink, however I ordered a fan for a P4. Obviously I couldnt throw that on....where my education failed was not knowing the thing would shut down due to heat in as littly as 4-5 seconds, even with TG on it.

Wrong to the person who said AMD Athlon XP always need that 4 pin connector, not all the time. Some motherboards need it, some don't

lol reading this... all i could think of was heat problem. and sadly when i first built my computer i didnt know i needed a hsf :D