Xbox 360

fire_storm

Are you going to get the xbox 360 when it comes out?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to get the xbox 360 when it comes out?

• yes
    • No

heres my take on it. When you buy a console..you are stuck with it..and unless all your friends have the same console..you are playing by yourself or with strangers online. With a PC....most likely you can find friends to play with...and it is more upgradeable..and not as copyright bound as Microsoft is with their own console..so more games.

I'll have to wait and see when it comes out.  But for now I'll say no.

477707[/snapback]

heres my take on it.  When you buy a console..you are stuck with it..and unless all your friends have the same console..you are playing by yourself or with strangers online.  With a PC....most likely you can find friends to play with...and it is more upgradeable..and not as copyright bound as Microsoft is with their own console..so more games.

477716[/snapback]

It will probably be too expensive. =S

477741[/snapback]

I agree with all the above. Where's the "maybe" option? I don't console game anymore for several reasons:

1) i like to watch tv while I game (computers allow me to do so, consoles do not)

2) most of my friends do not live around me anymore, so I rarely have anyone over. Computer games allow me to play with them or others online. Currently you have to pay for Xbox Live, and I haven't heard anything that says that will change, though it is curious as it (and that shopping thing) will be built into the 360.

3) upgradeability/modability. Computers can be upgraded, and (many) games can be modded. You don't have that with consoles.

Anyways, despite all that, I'd still consider getting it, but I'm hoping by that time there will be more info on the PS3 to compare it to. If I want to get back into the console arena (and it definitely looks like a promising future), I strongly doubt I'd get both. Unfortunately the 360 comes out well before so it'll be a tough decision.

well supposedly they're going to have multiple versions of it. Ones with harddrives (different sizes available), ones without, different # of controllers included, possible game bundles, etc etc. My guess is for the base package (no extras), they'll shoot for a $300 price tag, but that's just a guesstimate based on the current and past markets.