Sign in to follow this  
seeker

Ati Video Card Help

can some one help me with my grafics driver for my ati 9200se im trying to get my screen res above 800x600 i have tryed different drivers off the disk and only the defult one work the others give me a blank screen i was going to download the ones of the ati web site but i dont know witch ones to get please help this is my first time using linux as my main os because i gave up on windows. I using 64 bit fedora core 3 thanks

i know this has been posted before but i looked over the other topics and found nothing that help thanks

can some one help me with my grafics driver for my ati 9200se im trying to get my screen res above 800x600 i have tryed different drivers off the disk and only the defult one work the others give me a blank screen i was going to download the ones of the ati web site but i dont know witch ones to get please help this is my first time using linux as my main os because i gave up on windows. I using 64 bit fedora core 3 thanks

i know this has been posted before but i looked over the other topics and found nothing that help thanks

476945[/snapback]

Clicky Clicky

Try there, ATi have a tendency to have rpm driver packages that require a kernel recompile afterwards. So it's best to read the manual before trying the install :)

If I were you I'd lose that $50 ATI card pronto.

Radeons are a beeyotch to set up drivers for, b/c they have the worst Linux support on the planet.

An FX5200 works far better under *Nix, believe me.

Radeons are a beeyotch to set up drivers for, b/c they have the worst Linux support on the planet.

An FX5200 works far better under *Nix, believe me.

481415[/snapback]

Agreed. ATi are (AFAIK) the only company who won't allow 3rd party people to create unix drivers for them. So, with little commintment to unix at ATI, nothing really gets done for us.