Windows Xp Theme Stuck On Classic View!...

DasUberman20

ok...heres the deal... somehow...someway... i turned on my computer this morning and i was introduced to the horror that is the theme of Windows 95... dont ask me how.. i have no idea... we all know the feeling... well.. i got that feeling this morning.. and it sent a shiver up my spine... the grey, sharp borders... the drab and simple appearance.. i cannot get Windows XP theme back to SAVE MY LIFE! ... the Luna file and visual theme files are intact.. everything in the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder is there, nothing is missing. When i go to select a different visual style from the 'Appearance' tab in 'Properties', all i get is 'Windows Classic style'. There is no 'Windows XP style' there at all. Likewise, under the 'Themes' tab, there is no Windows XP theme available. Again i say, all the files in the aforementioned folder are intact, the theme service is running, and i DID NOT touch ANYHING in the registry. HOWEVER.. under the Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Perfomance Settings tab, the very last option, 'Use visual styles on windows and buttons' is always DESELECTED once i SELECT it and close out of the window. I dont know why it does that, but it does... .. sooo.. ive spent a good part of my ONLY day off work trying to get this problem solved.. if anyone can give me some advice, id appreciate it. more than you know....

ok...heres the deal... somehow...someway... i turned on my computer this morning and i was introduced to the horror that is the theme of Windows 95... dont ask me how.. i have no idea... we all know the feeling... well.. i got that feeling this morning.. and it sent a shiver up my spine... the grey, sharp borders... the drab and simple appearance.. i cannot get Windows XP theme back to SAVE MY LIFE! ... the Luna file and visual theme files are intact.. everything in the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder is there, nothing is missing. When i go to select a different visual style from the 'Appearance' tab in 'Properties', all i get is 'Windows Classic style'. There is no 'Windows XP style' there at all. Likewise, under the 'Themes' tab, there is no Windows XP theme available. Again i say, all the files in the aforementioned folder are intact, THE THEME SERVICE IS RUNNING, and i DID NOT touch ANYHING in the registry. HOWEVER.. under the Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Perfomance Settings tab, the very last option, 'Use visual styles on windows and buttons' is always DESELECTED once i SELECT it and close out of the window. I dont know why it does that, but it does... .. sooo.. ive spent a good part of my ONLY day off work trying to get this problem solved.. if anyone can give me some advice, id appreciate it. more than you know....
Edited by DasUberman20