87 Honda Accord

Duff Man

i have a 1990 honda accord lx so here goes...

yea great gas mileage but like camaro said there are constantly little things going wrong with it. i imagine the problems have alot to do with the electrical system, ie wiring, or the battery terminals. but my car has 204k on it and the engine is great! but its everything else thats a pain. right now there is a problem with the front left break caliper to where it pushes on the wheel (rotor) sideways. i rigged it as best i could but that and the tire that it destroyed in the process the tie rod (sp?) and a few small other things that need to be fixed right now could easily cost 600 bux.

also i just replaced the cv joints... like 1.5 years ago and had to do that again recently.

basically the engine on the car you are talking about would not be the problem, it would be everything else.

id say its not worth it. even if it has been maintained theres still many "unforseeables" about older cars.

but honda engines will last forever :)

Edit: im not great at everything in cars so my question is... do all cars have a flywheel that the starter engages??? if so maybe the teeth are worn out? we have had that prob before with another car and thats what it ended up being

flywheel = huge metal gear (looks like a watch cog) that the starter engages in order to start the engine

Edited by Onyks