6800 Oc To Run Like A 6800 Gt Oc

im looking into getting a bfg 6800 gt oc.i know they are not cheap.on ebay i seen a used 6800 oc and the seller said you can unlock or open extra pipelines and a shader that the factory doesnt do.so meaning will it run up to the 6800 gt specs or more and maybe save me some money.what do you think.

ummm usally you cant unlock the 16pipes, its luck of the draw. nvidia was smart to sell the damaged pipes as a whole diffrent card and save $$, thats what the normal 6800 is the broken Gts' and Ultras.

Whatever you can afford, they'll both be good :P If the GT isn't much more, go for that.

My 'high score' in 3dmark03 with my Leadtek 6800NU, all pipes unlocked and overclocked, is ~12,400

I can get over ~11,600 EASY (395MHz core overclock and about 830MHz on the RAM) with this card :) Probably be able to manage 13k pretty easily with a decent CPU overclock, but the memory controller on my chip is crap :)

Haven't had any troubles playing all the latest games, 1280x1024 maxed out with some AA/AF.

The RAM doesn't seem to make much difference on my card. At the moment I am blaming this on being bottlenecked by my actual proper system RAM, which is running at 200MHz 2-2-2-5. Might explain why I get a speed boost when fast writes is enabled (writes directly to the cards RAM that way).

Try like 390MHz on the core and see what that gets you :P