Upcomming New Psu Mod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First to answer the question of the rails on each of them,they are not really needed in fact on 3 of them i will only need the 12V and for that they all pass the test with the usual +- 5% tested with MBM on a system that i have that still works with it. as for the amps i could tell you what's on the psu box but we all know that it's usually not true same goes for wattage that's why i said close to 2Kw as for the one running the mobo it's the one i had before running my socketA system i completely trust it.

how will i connect them, they will all start with the on/off button on the pc like it was 1 psu all the green wires will be as one and all power wires will be hooked together in 1 outlet plug.I have to agree, the draw will be a bit tight on a regular house breaker :P

As for cooling goes i was thinking of a 120mm on the front end and 2 Tt ducting mod near the wire end with 2 80mm for exaust but i'm open for a better suggestion

My main concern is the wires themselves how will i arrange them for what i want lots of cutting and soldering ahead.I dont know if i said this earlier but there will be a junction box at one end(preventing me to use both ends to put fans) in which all the wires from 4 psu's will end up and i have to make heads and tails of all that lol :lol: but it'll be fun even if i have to change the breaker in the basement pannel :lol:

And finally i'm going to use it on my main rig, a few fans a few lights that's all.

I'm just doing it for the heck of doing it , for the mod itself, it'll be fun :)

Edited by kobalt

You said a junction box on one end, how about making something like a modular design with it?  Not only would it look cool, but I think that would be best for something like this anyways.

476079[/snapback]

what do you have in mind, i'm not to that point yet and all ides are welcome

can you explain a bit ?