Sign in to follow this  
smeghead009

Laptop Troubles

Okay, My Fiance's laptop started wiggin out a few months ago the LCD is showing colours all backwards and Video is garbled and unwatchable.

any ideas?

its a Dell Inspiron 1150

I have to tell ya, I don't see anything wrong with those pictures. Other than the regular pixelated effect of JPEGs, nothing else. I'll look at them again, but I really don't see anything wrong there. Either the graphics chipset is overheating, or the LCD's screen is goin' down the tubes. In either of those cases, you'd be better off asking Dell about it, specifically about getting it repaired.

EDIT- Wait, on the second pic, is it the crumpled looking boxes around some of the text? It doesn't look like normal JPEG compression, seeing as they're perfect rectangles. Or is that just another thing that JPEG does?

I'm gonna have to agree with the previous two posters. Those pics look perfectly fine to me.

If you do think you have a problem, then I would suggest contacting Dell about it. If the problem is covered under warranty, just get the faulty part replaced, and you should be set.

yeah it's prob the LCD going bad, bc like they said, the Screenshots look nice and clean.

Well i guess i just solved my own problem :P i posted those screen shots from her laptop and they were all messed up but they look fine to me on my machine, LCD it is, thanks guys