64 Bit Farcry - Patch

E Fudd

Just ran across this - might have to load it up and see - have not played in several months -

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...1&Symbol=US:AMD

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Develo...l?redir=IEGFC01

Edited by E Fudd

o man, i wish I had WinXPx64. Trial version is 4 months, which is pretty good, but I'm not going to reformat my whole computer just to play an improved version of farcry and then have to reformat in 4 months. owell.

also, you can upgrade from an OEM version of XP Pro to Xp 64bit Edition for little money or less but there are limitations, the XP Pro on your pc has to be OEM and installed by a system builder, etc...etc....can't find the link now, but it is available on M$'s website

idk. but from what i ahev read, going to 64bit is just not a good idea yet. i mean why pay $139 to get the exact same operating system and see performance benifits that are not enough to spit on. i am eager to see the benifits, but wont put my money to waste just to have the lastest and so-called greatest. some of the reviews for the farcry 64bit patch show a drop in performance and no visual increase in quality.

Guest PoopsicleBoy
It is free to upgrade from Pro to 64.

Can you not use the 64bit patch in WinXP? Wouldn't FarCry use the 64bit and not Windows?

I </3 Windows. X(

478240[/snapback]

its free to upgrade from pro to 64...? can i get a little bit more information on this? thanks