Tac Vs Side Fan

Which seems to be a better cooler, those with the funnel and a 120mm exhaust, or those with a side 80mm, with a 120mm exhaust too. Both intake's are 120mm as well, but i was reading off Intel's website on the design theory of the TAC, and it seemed to make sense, just wanted to seek another opinion.

Just in case anyone doesn't get what you are on about I have attached intels TAC (1.1 I believe) spec sheet (taken from here). It seems to just make use of a duct to get fresh air to the HSF on the processor, an idea which has been around for a while. Whether a simple duct or and active side fan work more effectively I wouldn't be able to say, I suspect it varies from case to case. A combination of the two would probably work best (ie. a side fan with a duct).

The spec also suggests venting around the graphics card region, another sensible suggestion imo.

What are other peoples opinions?

Heres the case i have now http://www.maxpoint.com/home/products/pcca...s3088/index.htm, with the two fans that came with it in the rear, all 3 (2 back, one front) grills cut out, and an 80mm Antec Blue Led on the side, and the 120 Antec Blue Led in the front, but like right now, ambient intake temps are about 31, would one of these "TAC" cases such as the Aspire X-Plorer, or even a normal case like the NZXT Trinity make any difference? (Cable management has been done, all cables cleanly tucked behind the drive racks on the right side).