Non Post

Hey all

A few days ago I got infected with a nasty trogen and was unsucessfull getting rid of all the crap that comes with this program ...anyway while trying to eliminate this thing my computer kept crashing ;( and now it won't even post? is a trogen capable of doing such damage or is my problem compounded by another? also I should mention that sometime my computer doesn't even start at all? no fans no lights .....nada! the only light that stays on is the DIMM standby power LED light.I tried to clear the cmos a dozen times but nothing seems to works

my specs are below...please help

a virus can not do that... nor any other program that was created to distroy your computer files and such. There is another problem if its not starting or that standby light you are talking of but i have no clue what it could be.

From my experiences with bad luck and my computer it could be one of the follow but not sure.

1. psu going bad (this happined with my x connect...)

2. metal might be touching something but it dont sound like it

can only think of thous two things that could cause a problem like that. It rly sounds like something is shorting something out or soemthing like that.

my first guess is your PSU, sounds like it shorted out. I would have no idea. I would test it with another PSU, if that doesnt work, have all your parts tested in another rig, if they all post, then its prolly the mobo.

a virus can not do that... nor any other program that was created to distroy your computer files and such.
Edited by Ste