Folding During The Warmer Month

CPU_Cooker

Well, The weather here in Atlanta has been unseasonably cool right up until this past weekend. It finally warm up.

I am thinking I'll have to seriously slow my rate of folding during the warmer months.

Let's face it, running 100 - 200 watt hair dryers 24/7 in the middle of summer, well, the AC already runs a lot to begin with and it always gets hot in here, my office that is, during the summer.

I may have to step aside until things cool off again.

I have 4 desktops folding 24/7 plus 3 laptops. Only two of the desktops are relatively new, but they all generate a a lot of heat.

CPU_Cooker

i know how you feel. during the summer my 3 rigs take the temp in my room to 85F with the ac on. i have like 3 fans blowing the hot air out and that is in michigan. i am seriously considering getting my own ac

I'm facing the exact same issue - I've got 12 CPUs running 24/7 and the A/C just can't handle the load. I've got all the vents shut off except for the one in the room where the computers are and I still have systems that are shutting down due to overheating. I'm not sure I want to pay for the A/C to cool these computers when I'm not even home 5 days a week any way. I'm already paying ~$100 extra a month just to have these rigs folding 24/7 anyway.

None of my rigs every get shut down due to heat lol. I fold 24/7/365 :) of course I don't keep all of my comps in one room though. The most I have in one room is 3 and that is my comp room, but lol those who know me know that room wouldn't get hot if it was in hell haha.

Same here CPU_Clocker and Nerm, 10 PCs in same room and it isnt equiped with a A/C except for a tiny vent which doesnt do much at all to help with cooling of room with 10 PCs working away. This is why I shut down for summers, that and it kind of keeps electric bill manageable :/ For next few months electric bill will drop alot before firing up the A/C for the summer, which keeps the budget electric bill from becoming $250 amonth for the whole year :( Here they avg out the amount you use for a certain time and thats your bill till the decied to raise it again lol.

As I have stated many times we pay 35% more for electric then all cities next to us :/ Dont ask me why and they always want to raise ours more !

Fold On !

Doubt I am going to stop folding just because it's summer. My room temperature always seems to be between 25C and 30C, even in winter. I just open a window :)

Then again, I live 5 mins walk away from the sea.. so maybe that's why? Dunno.