Rivatuner Oc, Low Power=performance

So I was wondering about this simple adjustment, and I thought it would be good to bring up. In rivatuner you can OC 3 different things, 2D, low power 3D, and performance 3D. I know it's stupid to mess with 2D so I will leave that out. Now, I have always ONLY oc'd the performance 3D settings. Is there any benefit to have the "low power 3D" setting the same as the performance 3D? Thanks for the feedback.

No there is not. The only time low power 3d will ever be used, in most cases, is if the card is throttling because of heat or errors.

It you prevent the card from throttling when it's unstable, you could very well endup damaging the card.

that makes sense, If it is for throttling, then I wonder if it would be worth setting under default speeds. So it cools even better, but I guess this is only when you are really running your card hard. Probably best to leave it at default.

Edited by tytlyf

are you ocing an ATI or Nvidia per chance?

if you are ocing an ATI try ati tool too, see which one gets youa higher OC, i actilay get higher with rivatunner on my x800, but my firnds 9800xt hit higher with ati tool

Changing this does nothing useful. Speaking from experience here :P

My card likes to throttle. I think it's a hobby. It throttles to 'low power 3d' whenever I clock my RAM too high ( I think, been playing games all day today with a slightly lower memory oc and no pauses ). Setting low power = performance did nothing at all, it still tried to throttle, the clock speed stayed the same, but it still paused.

In short: don't bother :)