Online Server

ok i have a host that gives me lots of bandwidth and room and i dont use much for my site so i was wondering if i could use it to host a game and if i could how would i do that just upload the dedicated server and run it???

I highly doubt that.

If they wanted you to use it as a host for a game they would have offered it as a package. Game servers chew up bandwith like crazy. They'll probably suspend your account if you try it. Did they give you shell access?

I agree with coleosis - they have set up that site as a web host, and if they saw the type of traffic a game server generates, as well as the load on the system resources (cpu, memory), I'm sure they would boot you in no time flat.

Maybe instead of trying a game, how about setting up some type of ftp or www based file repository?

Guest Raven65

What do you mean by a host, a web hosting company? Or you Dsl company?

Yes you can run a server from your home computer it depends on the game and how many people, each person takes up approx 35 kbs of upload bw. also there are settings that you have to change if you are going to play on the same computer your running the server on.