Intel Dual Core Cpu Psu Requirements

Here is a link to a Asus 955X mobo that supports Intel dual core CPU's (larger picture here). You will notice a 8-pin EPS12v connector on the top right area of the mobo. This type of connector is usually found mainly on SSI server PSU's mainly for dual CPU's mobos. Well if this Asus mobo is a indication of the future, plan on getting a SSI server PSU if you plan on running a Intel dual core CPU.

most quality PSUs already come with two four pin Cpu power connectors so not to worry to much

474246[/snapback]

Some PSU's like the newer Topower-made (OCZ, EPower/Tagan, PCMCIS, etc.) PSU's that have that 4+4 sliding connector.

There are a few articles detailing about dual-core CPU's over at Anandtech. But my main reason for posting this is the possible need for a EPS12v SSI server PSU for the future. This is not a good trend for desktop computers as this would indicate much more power consumption, higher electrical bills, and overall not as environmentally friendly from a certain point of view.

Not to make this into a AMD vs. Intel flame war, but so far (unconfirmed) it appears that the future AMD dual core CPU's will work with existing mobos that implement the 4-pin 12v connector. It is a wait-and-see game now.

Some PSU's like the newer Topower-made (OCZ, EPower/Tagan, PCMCIS, etc.) PSU's that have that 4+4 sliding connector.

There are a few articles detailing about dual-core CPU's over at Anandtech. But my main reason for posting this is the possible need for a EPS12v SSI server PSU for the future. This is not a good trend for desktop computers as this would indicate much more power consumption, higher electrical bills, and overall not as environmentally friendly from a certain point of view.

Not to make this into a AMD vs. Intel flame war, but so far (unconfirmed) it appears that the future AMD dual core CPU's will work with existing mobos that implement the 4-pin 12v connector. It is a wait-and-see game now.

474363[/snapback]

The Asus P5ND2-SLI DLX supports Dual cores as well, but uses a normal 4 pin connector... Also with a 485watt Enermax PS, counldnt I just use a 4 pin to 8 pin adaptor? I just got this PS back in Feb because it had the 24pin connector on it, and its a great PS.