Vonage Vs. Lingo

lucky13*

I'm looking to go VoIP. Just trying to figure out which company to go with. Anybody have any good/bad experiences they can share?

I have lingo. Price is great. Service is soso. I haven't got my local number back yet. Been waiting since february. Then again, i haven't been billed yet either. Every once in a while i get latency issues. Have never got a responce from customer service either. We're probably going to switch in the fall. Our local utility company is rolling out fiber optic and offering all telecom services with unlimited usa calling/digital cable with one movie tier/3 mb cable for about $110. My VoIP goes out for minutes at a time every once in a while, so, i'd like something more reliable for now.

One of my business lines is a Vonage line. Had it since February.

Total monthly bill is 27.70 per month, unlimited calling.

I set this one up and dropped a comcast line I had. So, for business, I still have 3 lines, two for the desk, and one for the fax.

I use Vonage for most of my long distance calls, unless it is a really important call because there is a minor Lag / delay. The best way to describe it, if you call one of the other lines and put both phones up to your ear and talk, you can hear yourself coming out. It is about 0.05 to 0.25 seconds.

It works fine as a fax line.

Actually it is supposed to grab the phone number for one of my desk lines, but I am still waiting for that to happen. Cost wise it is about 50% less than the line I want it to replace, and all calls are free.

I need at least 2 lines, and have 3 right now. I will keep it for now.

One cool feature is that it will email you a voice mail, which I think is cool.

Make sure you get a hardware rebate.

911, you can set it up, but since I have other land lines, I don't need it.

In short, if you need an extra phone line, it is a great low cost way to go. But, the quality is not there so I will keep my land lines.

CPU_Cooker

I have vonage also. The only complaint I have is if you really need to get in contact with someone in support, it is almost impossible. I called them about 6 times one day and got cut off every time. But, my phone service is great. I had to mess around with the bandwidth saver feature but once I figured it out, it works perfectly. I would recommend it.

I've had Vonage for about 3 months now and honestly can not tell the difference between it and wired phone service - quality is superb with no lag or static. Never had to call customer service so I can't say how good/bad they are. 911 is set up but you don't get an emergency dispatcher and they won't automatically know where you are. This is because BellSouth refuses to give VOIP providers access to e-911 service. I read yesterday where areas served by Verizon will be getting access to e-911 through Vonage.