My New Laptop!

Well i bought a laptop and it came yesterday. it is an apple iBook G4. I love it. i'll post some pics later. OS X Tiger is alot better than windows. its more responsive. its great. by the way, no bashing me for getting a mac if you haven't actually used one in the last year or so. Besides, my main rig is still running windows. this laptop is not for gaming. just carrying to class, taking notes, cruising the net, etc. I just couldnt beat the price. it was under $1000 and still full featured. its great. even burns cds, and plays dvds. which btw, it can play a full dvd on one full charged battery and still have an hour of usage time left over :)

yea, so far im really loving OS X. its a great OS. I may just start using this one more often. unless i want to game of course. then i must use my XP Gaming Rig haha. But yea, excellent laptop. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a laptop for cruising the net, typing, etc. basically anything other than playing games. For a 1.2Ghz G4, it is extremely responsive and i never feel like its running slow. which is great cuz im very picky about that. my sisters old ibook 300Mhz G3 is rediculously slow to me haha

Well, that's cuz it's 300MHz and it's a G3 processor. But congrats on the new iBook though. I've been meaning to buy a Powerbook for law school. I've got a year to save up, and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it. Who knows, maybe they might actually figure out a way to stick a G5 processor into a laptop without it burning my lap or the desk.

Ya know, i didnt think about this before i bought this thing, but Mac OS X is based heavily on Unix, and it even has a UNIX terminal. Makes this machine great for programming on. I just need to figure out how to upgrade java to 1.5 haha. yea, i dont game on this thing, i have an XP rig to game on :)

well i found a mac version at a Sun Systems developer site. cool beans. I must say this laptop has great battery life. they say it has 6 hours but i only seem to get about 5 or so. can't complain though haha

yea, the best thing about the G4 Laptops is they use the same G4's the desktops use. they simply were cool enough to run in a laptop. however the G5's from what i hear are still too hot for laptops. i guess they'll have to make mobile ones :)