Sign in to follow this  
Fireonice

New Mouse.. So Many Choices?

I have about 50 or so $$ for a new mouse and i was wondering if the damondback is a good choise??

How does it perform? Any problems with it? Anything else i should look into? it does not matter if it is wireless or corded.

Also what kind of mouse pad should i get? it has to be cheep.

I am going to use this mouse manly for WoW and the internet and everyonce inawile a FPS.

Honestly, I recommend a Logitech MX510 (~$30) mouse w/ Func1030 pad ($15-$20). This combo is more than enough, in my opinion.

IMO a logitech MX510 or the new MX518

either or .... and for mouse pads idk anythign about them as i dont use one

The MX518 is supposed to be really nice. I have an MX510 that I'm very pleased with, but from what I've seen, the Razor mice (mouses?) are the gamer's choice. I see people moving from Logitech MX to Razor and not going back. If you're big on FPS's the Razors might be worth a shot.

As for pads, I have no idea. I use a regular neoprene mousepad with my optical mouse. :lol:

OMG Razer Diamondback hands down.. if you want the best of the best.... and you could get the Razer eXactMat or just save money and get a RatpadzGS or something..

I just use the Micro$ucks 5 button mouse. I like the button placement and the way it feels.

I tried cordless but it was a bit jumpy for me during games. (maybe i just got a bad one, someone else may know more about them)

As for mouse pad, i use a "battle Pad pro" and love it.

Edited by flareback

I just replaced my trusty Microsoft Intellimouse V2 with an MX510. I was somewhat weary of all the praise it got but I certainly am not disspointed.

The higher bit-rate solved the lag problems I had with my older Intellimouse. Still haev 5 buttons which I love. It is somewhat heavy compared to my old mouse but I have read there's a weight inside you can remove. I have yet to try it due to laziness lol.

Also, I play tons of WoW. The 5 buttons are great, I have 3 different spells binded to the 2 side buttons and the wheel button. Spells I cast often and are very handy to have at my fingertips.

Works great for WoW and every other game I play. I am pleased with my MX510 as much as I was with my old Intellimouse. I have big hands, bigger than average anyway and also worried if it would fit me right. Took a tad adjusting to it but after a few days of gaming I was very used to it and adjusted fast.

I have the RaZer DB right here, tbh, at first I hated it, but after about 3-4hrs use, I loved it!!

Was too sensitive for my liking, but I quickly got use to it!

Best mouse I have ever had!!!

Only wish I had waited for the Plasma edition now :(

Right now, I don't see myself ever owning anything other than a Razer mouse. ;)

Bought a MX518 a month ago, works very well, and I'm very happy with it. Great mouse AND it was 5 dollars less than the MX510... not sure how that works.

Bought a MX518 a month ago, works very well, and I'm very happy with it.  Great mouse AND it was 5 dollars less than the MX510... not sure how that works.

472683[/snapback]

How did you get that for $5 less than an mx510?? Want to fill us in please :D Thanks