Best Ram For Dfi Sli-dr Board

hey guys, getting a dfi sli-dr mobo and want to get the best ram for ocing. no budget.

thanks

it is between UTT and TCCD. I would get some of the gskill@ 2.5/3/3/7 or some OCZ VX pc4000.

What cpu do you have, because if you have a 3500 or lower get some tccd, but if you have a higher multi go for some utt.

most of the people on dfi forums are using

1. g.skill

2. Geil

3. Ocz

if money is no problem...any of the top end of any of these three companies is a good choice.

g.skill pc4400LE g.skill pc4800LA geil pc4400 ultraX

ocz...sorry dont know all thier model numbers.

and yeah if you can buy some BH-5 chips, for that mobo, it would be a great choice.

my pick would be the g.skill pc4800LA

The vx doesnt seem to be as good as the initial reviews claimed. the newest reviews on vx is saying that after the 250 running the tight timings, it cant get past that even with loosened timings. Maybe to like 260 with 3-4-4-10, but after that 250 rating, it cant go any farther even with higher volts/ loosened timings.

The vx doesnt seem to be as good as the initial reviews claimed.  the newest reviews on vx is saying that after the 250 running the tight timings, it cant get past that even with loosened timings.  Maybe to like 260 with 3-4-4-10, but after that 250 rating, it cant go any farther even with higher volts/ loosened timings.

474002[/snapback]

Gah so just the first batch was good? It seems everyone was hitting 260-265 mhz with 2-2-2-x timings in the beginning with like 3.5v! So you wouldnt consider it the best anymore? I was thinkin of running some after I get a new psu(one of the other, cant afford both and psu is more important right now ;)), but i need ram that can hit at least 260mhz 1:1 with good timings.

The memory I'm using is budget memory. However, I highly recommend it for a DFI 939 board.

Give TwinMOS speed premium UTT 3.6v and it will do 260-270, 2-2-2-5-T1. Of course you will have to actively cool it.

BTW, its less than 60 bucks per 512 meg dimm, shipped.

Edited by oralpain

The memory I'm using is budget memory. However, I highly recommend it for a DFI 939 board.

Give TwinMOS speed premium UTT 3.6v and it will do 260-270, 2-2-2-5-T1. Of course you will have to actively cool it.

BTW, its less than 60 bucks per 512 meg dimm, shipped.

474426[/snapback]

yes those are just like the xv, being UTT chips. I have some vx and it only does 255@2/2/2/5 with 3.6v I think I will have to burn it in, I only had it in my rig for maybe 2 days.