Folding On My Xbox

oblivescence

well, i finally managed to get my xbox folding, and right now it is pumping its little heart out. i know ive heard some people say they want to try it, well heres proof it can be done. im positive that im not the first to do so, but linux and me have some issues to work out, especially before longhorn comes out, so for me, its quite an accomplishment. anyways, its not the giant folding machine of doom like i hoped for, with only a 733mhz celeron, its more like the miniature creasing machine of slight woe. but every little bit helps. and for some reason stanford deemed my xbox worthy of what i think to be a 180 pointer, its taking my box 3 and a half hours to do one percent. oh well. it will do it.

keep on folding

oh, and by the way, i posted this using my xbox, woot

do you want a pic of the xbox, or do you want a screenshot? i might be able to talk a friend of mine into letting me borrow his video capture card and get a screenshot, i dont know if i can find a digital camera to take a pic, i should be able to scrounge up one. as far as posting pics, dont i need to be a member for 90 days first? im not sure

oh, and by the way, it doesnt quite look like just another xbox, same shape, thats about it, check my sig and youll understand

:foldon:

Looks like you've put just a little time into it... I'm sure you'd get a lot better performance out of Linux if you had more ram - but I dunno about modded xboxen, how much can it handle?

edit: can't you just use gimp to do a screenshot?

Edited by cybergrunt69

thanx cybergrunt, you are a genius, and xbox's only come with 64mb ram, i had someone solder on an additional 64 on the mobo, you cant go higher than 128, cant go higher than stock if you have a version 1.6 either, but the distro i use puts everything into ram and then still has room left over for folding, so im not too worried about it. when i get bored i might see if i can get it to boot into whatever init level is the one with text only, that ought to save some ram. yeah, im a linux noob. anyways, heres the screenshot. post-75504-12955724992877_thumb.jpg