Finally Decided On Dell

OCit

I know, dell, but for laptops the latitude series suits me PERFECTLY. However, i have one (minor) problem, which model, 610 or 810?

The 810 offers a bigger screen and an x600 compared to x300 in the d610 but is also a bit* thicker but about 2 pounds heavier. I will have the computer docked (this is what really sold me on the latitude) and running an external screen so my question is it worth it do you think to have the better card and bigger screen along with the weight? Convince me please! Thanks,

Ted

Dell Canada (aka CDN dollars) here

O and this comparison chart might help here

Edited by OCit

I despise Dell's my advice is to not get one period. Get an Acer, Toshiba, Sony or some similar brand notebook. Sorry, but I really hate Dell. lol

a x600 is not all that faster than a x300, I do not know much about laptops, but why would you game on a laptop anyway?

edit: Your name is OCit and yuo are not going to buy a computer that you can overclock.

Edited by tbone2sk

a x600 is not all that faster than a x300, I do not know much about laptops, but why would you game on a laptop anyway?

edit: Your name is OCit and yuo are not going to buy a computer that you can overclock.

472081[/snapback]

I guess your saying that overclockers have to buy desktop PC's? They can't use laptops at work or college or use them for their portability? Laptops are fine for gaming... the decent ones play HL2 just fine right now.

lol, ummm yes my name is OCit, and hence i have a desktop. Thats what i use it for. No one really answered my question, well sort of. I won't be doing THAT much gaming, but ill be at school and wont have room for a laptop and a desktop so this computer will be my only onel for games, work or otherwise. Hmm i does anyone have a 14" screen and think its too small? How much will I notice the extra pound and a bit. Thanks,

Ted

If this will be your only computer go with the 810

likewise i agree with whoever said buy something other than dell, (too lazy to scroll up)

If your laptop breaks down you will have to send it away for repairs. Something which takes TOO long. Buying it from a local store (compusmart, futureshop, Best Buy) (I take it you live in canada) can be much more beneficiary for you. Compusmart offers a great warrenty plan too. It covers any type of damage. you can run it over with your car, drop it off a building, paint it, light it on fire, and they will still replace it for free. I sudgest you check them out: www.compusmart.ca

x300 / x600

Id say x600 considering an x300 is no better than a radeon 9600 your probably better off buying something with a 9700 IGP. and x600 is supposed to be close a 9800Pro i belive.

Good Luck in your decision

I' would suggest on checking on some Acer laptops . I remember seeing one with a mobility radeon 9700pro and Athlon 64 3400+ with a respectable price tag

Just a little info:

3dmark 03 x300 1.6 pm, 512: 2555

3dmark 03 x600 1.86 pm (in d810 actually), 512: 3200

what i get now about on my desktop: 7000

Crap, this is gonna be an adjustment. Still worth getting the extra 2 pounds for 700 more in 3dmark? What difference will I see? Thanks again for all the help.

Ted

Y ai think ive decided on the 810. Um last thing (i hope), can/ has anyone run dual monitor on their laptop. I know the expansion dock has a DVI and analog monitor port an di think it says that it can support dual display. Will the x600 be able to handle it? Thanks,

Ted

Gah and now I also find a toshiba which rivals dell d810, and may even be better, and has the same docks and everything. here

Edited by OCit