Farcry Prob

martymcfly

i installed far cry and patch 1.3. It runs fine, but when hdr rendering is on, the graphics look like the attached. What could this be? A driver conflict? i have reinstalled the program.

what videocard? I just recently started playing FarCry (got the DVD version with my comp months ago, but never played it), and had issues before installing 1.3, but haven't noticed anything odd since. I have graphics set to very high, and I'm currently using detonator 66.93 (i dunno why i haven't updated 'em...just been too lazy).

read my link and use the navigation in the bottom right to jump to the FarCry page...there you'll see a bunch of screenshot comparisons. I'm gonna go try it now...maybe I finally won't need to use my flashlight all the time and STILL not be able to see enemies in the distance. lol.

EDIT: OMG, I love HDR! And I love my 6800GT! Check out these two screens....the lighting is amazing...even better with full motion of water..the screenshots don't do it justice:

P1019415.jpg

clay, what hdr variable are you using?

with 7:here are some screenies. I too love HDR! before and after.

edit: some more be4 and after

Edited by martymcfly

i'm using 7 since that's what 3 different places said to use. Have you gotten to the nighttime outdoors areas yet? That's where the lighting really amazes...esp. when the moonlight reflects off you gun giving it a blue glow. For that second photo I posted, I just drove around the sea for a few minutes enjoying the sites :)

i havent really played much.  I keep it on 11.  I am really bad at FPSs, so this may take me a while.  HL2 took me over two months on easy :(

472437[/snapback]

ah, well I just started...only been playing about 10 hours. I'm finding it a little harder than HL2, but I think that's because HL2 I knew what to expect, but with FarCry, I'm still having difficulty deciding if I should treat it as a stealth game, or an all-out action game. lol.

Anyways, here's my side-by-side comparison:

without HDR:

HDR=7

yes that's the same exact position...didn't move at all

r u using the k-90 mod?

472662[/snapback]

i don't even know what that is...I have no mods installed whatsoever. Only thing installed is patch 1.3 (and 1.31). this is the first time I'm playing thru the game.