Overclocking Fsb Also Increases Agp, Pci, And Dram

when i up my fsb it also increases my agp, pci and dram. is the dram the memory data rate? i have ddr400 but i think my mobo reads it at 333. anyway, does it matter about the agp, pci and dram because i dont use the agp slot or any pci slots (on-board graphics and usb modem)?

You have to lock the agp/pci at 66/33 in the bios, if not your system will become unstable....Go into the bios and lock it then start to overclock. As for the dram it will increase with your fsb...

i had a look in my bios and i cant really change much. my mobo is a gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ, if somebody could help me that would be just grand.

when i turn on my comp it says "memory data rate 333mhz" and after i overclock it says "memory data rate is 380mhz" etc. is that the speed my mobo is reading the ram?

Edited by mick_the_prick

i dont have any pci or agp cards

471660[/snapback]

you may not have cards but you still have stuff running on the PCI and AGP bus... integrated crap graphics DO count for that. besides it's gigabyte, micro atx... you won't be getting much of an oc out of that thing, and it won't have the options to do much of it anyway.