Power To The Little Guy!

imm0rt41

Yeah, it has been somewhere near 6 or 8 months since I started folding, and I have completed 101 WUs. Sadly though, I think my temps are getting a bit too high for my liking so I may need to stop folding for the summer due to me living in the middle of the Arizona desert. It's brutal on temps even with A/C on in the house and at the moment I can't afford to upgrade this rig any longer.

So what do you guys think I should do, push 50C daily on my OC 2500+ or just call it quits for the summer?

Well the problem is my room is actually the coldest spot in the house which is why I was concerned that it was getting that warm. My case hardyly breaks 30C, but the processor is way up there. I reapplied AS5 and it went down a bit, we'll see in the next few weeks.

Either way, it's still folding ;)

:foldon:

lol - 50*C - I'm running 11 CPUs in one room now all folding 24/7 and I don't have anything under 50*C! Personally, I wouldn't worry about running at that temp but it's your PC so do what you're confortable with.

to limit processor usage, start the console with the tag -config, or -configonly if you dont want the core to start running as soon as you are done configgin, and fill in all the information as you want all over again. somewhere in there is the percentage of processor to use, put in whatever you want, anywhere between 5 and 100 percent. oh, and close down folding before you do this, you dont want to risk folding the same WU in the same directory, bad things happen from what i understand. heres the link to stanfords directions and list of tags and whatnot.

http://folding.stanford.edu/console-userguide.html

:foldon:

I have dropped my OC back to stock and all seems to be going pretty well though the temps are still in the 40sC. I will be going WC with my Athlon64 setup later this year, but for now this will have to last =/

I'm looking at my Asus AI window right now, my 2.93 is at 3505 and voltage uped to 1.400, running P95 and folding my CPU temp is 40C!!! SWEET!!

If I were you I would see if your proccy will run stable at mobile voltage spec, 1.45? That would lower your temps ALOT

What HS/fan are you using?