Sign in to follow this  
The_Goonie

7.1 And 5.1 Surround Sound

7.1 or 5.1.

Soundcard: Audigy 2 zs

Anyone have any experience with the 7.1's? And for those of you that have the logitech 5.1's...how long are the speaker cables? Can the cables be extended...annnnd how is the sound for MUSIC and gaming?

never had anything above 2.1 for computers but from a home theatre perspective i think 5.1 is just as good as 7.1 unless you have a large room. and i assume you arent putting your computer in a large room :P

ive got the X-530's i love em... umm my only regret is.. i havent bought any stands yet to be put behind me for my computer, i have nowhere to put my rear speakers haha.. but thats my fault, not the speakers.. the cables are nice

make sure u plan out where your speakers are going to be located before you get them..

the x-530's are definitely worth its price... but just depends what u want.. if u want 7.1 get the creatives.. if u only want 5.1 get the x-530s.. the x-530's are REALLY popular so dont feel like you're getting bad speakers

----

3 in front

2 on both sides in middle

2 in back

no middle back

------

3 in front

none on both sides

2 in back

1 in middle back.

-----

3 in front

none on both sides

2 in back

no in middle back.

that may help

Edited by hornybluecow

I just got the Logi's! :)

There great!!! Cables could be eXtened if you have a RCA to RCA connection, but they cannot be disconnected from the rear of the speakers.

I am more than happy with the cable lenths to all speakers but the Front Left. Thats rather short.

ive got the 7.1 set, and a set of 5.1 zlaman headphones, and i can definitly tell the diff between the 2. i love 7.1 but i cant use it when my mommy is home :(. but id opt for the 7.1

I have the set in my sig

they are great along with the Audigy 2... as said above they cannot be disconnected from back of speaker... though I hear that the X680s or whatever use regular speaker cables and can be extended however needed

The cords on mine are roughly 9feet or so... work for me fine...then again I set 2 stools behind me and sit them on those :lol:

I went from using a SB Live! 24Bit card to my Audigy 2 and there IS a noticeable difference....

really up to you... and I find the Audigy 2 Value card to have little or no difference in the quality... some may argue against that... dunno]

EDIT: sry if this post is half meaningless... didnt look at ur links for ur already choosen speakers :lol:

Edited by Nedlinin

i believe any digital speakers (like the 5500's) use speaker wire... i would get some massive high flow cables... that would be sweet