Sign in to follow this  
asus

I Cant Ping My Ip From Texas

Well, when i try to ping my IP from texas, "i am remotly administering my computer" from here.. because my computer is in NY.. but i cant ping

it gave me one responce.. and then .. never again.. idk why it wont work ?? can you ping the address.. and yes.. its the CORRECT address lol :P

Are you running firewalls on your computer? If so, then most firewall software will make sure that when your computer is pinged, nothing is returned. It makes it look like the computer does not exist at that IP address. You would have to use some other software to figure out whether your computer is still "on" or not.

geesh.. i dont have it enabled.. allthough i am filtering everything through an ISA server lol.. ahahah... THE PROBLEMS I FACE

EDIT

there is noting stopping anything.. i have no security turned on right now .> NONE.. i am as wide open as anyone.. i dont understand it.. ??!!!

anyone got ideas....

I ran a trace route for the heck of it and it runs fine until it hits adelphia's servers, then starts timing out, then finding one and timing out. Never did get to your ip. I'd say there might be something strange with adelphia.

ya.. thats what i found out.. i am going to call them wehn i get home from texas texas tomarrow.. because this is retarted.. i cant ping 69.169.166.103 .. thats a friend of mine ip address.. :-/ i hate adelphia...

IM in ohio first time i tried I got 1 response from your computer then it timed out and 2nd time i tried it just timed out , Must be your Firewall

My guess is that your adelphia has an adaptive firewall . Or something similar to where once it detects a ping it blocks the address that ping it. Their usefull for stopping dos attacks, but dang annoying because it breaks pretty much anything you use ping with

But yes, you still can reach your computer. Here is an nmap I just did of your ip address

F:\Documents and Settings\kyle>nmap -P0 69.169.149.34

Starting nmap 3.81 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap ) at 2005-04-23 13:4

ain Standard Time

Interesting ports on 69-169-149-34.bflony.adelphia.net (69.169.149.34)

(The 1659 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)

PORT

Edited by andrusk