Oh Boy. Mobo Issue

Ok, I installed a new mobo. The problem is. Is aint working 8-/ I can now get it to post. It is a D865PERL intel . I am switch stuff around, but no good. It will look like its booting then show the windows screen for a second then blank out to a blue screen of death. The bios shows my cpu right, but I am trying to get it up and running somehow. I have never had issues like this. I have to be missing something. Any ideas?

Oh its also starting up when I put the power on.

Ok, I installed a new mobo. The problem is. Is aint working 8-/  I can now get it to post. It is a D865PERL  intel . I am switch stuff around, but no good. It will look like its booting then show the windows screen for a second then blank out to a blue screen of death. The bios shows my cpu right, but I am trying to get it up and running somehow. I have never had issues like this. I have to be missing something. Any ideas?

Oh its also starting up when I put the power on.

466352[/snapback]

i know this is going to sound basic, but try diff memory, try just one memory, and do the phone book test..meaning take the mobo out, lay it on a phone book (non conductive) with minimum components to see what u get. Before you do that though, u said u were running windows? Try a known good hard drive that boots consistantly on other machines, or reformat the drive. another thing u could try is load into the BIOS and see how long u can sit idle in there. If its a hardware problem you could get a shutoff while in the BIOS but if its something with the hard drive or windows u should run stable in there

u either have to do a windows repair, or preferebly a windows reinstall when u replace your motherboard, i sugguest a reinstall.

as windows will try to use recources and drivers from the old motherboard and there is nothing to uninstall either, so a windows reinstall is the only way im affraid!

I had a similiar prblem- I tried to keep the same HD from a previous PC on my new one, and windows locked up and would not boot. A cleann sweep and reinstall ficxed everything!!

Glad it worked out for you!

This has happened to me lot's cosidering I change mobo's and proccies faster than Bill changes interns.

Why does everyone always say format-format-format? That's a little silly. When you switch mobo's if you boot the windows CD and select "repair windows installation" it will re-install all the devices and install the proper mobo drivers. There is no need to format and loose everything. ;)

Guest Raven65

it's probably been said many times but I'll say it again, when you do a major hw change, YOU should always REFORMAT. try that.