Windows Xp Pro Sp2

peshewah

I ordered XP Pro from Newegg and it came with 2 disks. One disk came with all the stickers and all the numbers, just like I've got before. And the other disk says,"For System Builder use only in preinstallation of Windows XP. Not for distribution to end users." My quistion is, do I need to preinstall this other disk? I am a end user. Can ya till me what this extra disk is?

well it sounds like u preinstall the extra disk and then put the normal xp on.. and if ur selling this computer u only gotta give them the normal disk not that exta one.. my opinion although ive never heard of that

the preinstall kit i believe is a tool for OEMs like dell to preload their drivers, etc. onto somebody's system. Or else only that requires a key, then the other can just be installed by the end user, such as the OEM's customer.

You got what is known as the "OEM Preinstallation Kit". This allows OEM system builders such as Dell, HP, and the company that I work for the ability to customize the installation of Windows XP. It also comes with System Preperation Tool 2.0, a tool designed to reset all registration information used during OS customization. You are NOT supposed to have that disc. Newegg could actually be in trouble for releasing that software to a customer.