Ram Comparison

I know thers lots of which ones to buy threads but this one is strictly for overclocking i was wander out of all the bh-5 utt vx tccd rams out there wut brand is the best for u guys im goin practically all bench mayb world record material on my new rig DI or waterchiller or i might invest into chilly1s cascades... :D and im lookin for the best ram at nesize 256-gig dont care price dont matter lookin to make it scream wut yall find the best highest clocks lowest timings with stand the most abuse (voltage and wut ranges to but them in) just lookin for a great comparison from all you guys i know of alot good brands but im looking for the absolute best for this rig

Dfi board (new venice or sandiego core 3800) ( insert ram here) (goin for cpu record mayb superpi for amd lol aswell)

no offense, but i doubt you'll make any world records if you even have to ask what the best brand ram is...

not only do you need to know this for yourself, but you have to have the skill to push the hardware way beyond "normal" oc's... this knowledge doesn't come overnight and you won't become a benchmark world record breaker just by getting the best hardware... anyone can buy hardware if they had the money...

Talk about setting your deams high, the 450 P2 at school did 1M superPi in 5min or so today...wonder what i could get out of it if it wants an IBM....hehe as for ram I rally dont knwo but keep your goals realistic.

no offense, but i doubt you'll make any world records if you even have to ask what the best brand ram is...

not only do you need to know this for yourself, but you have to have the skill to push the hardware way beyond "normal" oc's... this knowledge doesn't come overnight and you won't become a benchmark world record breaker just by getting the best hardware... anyone can buy hardware if they had the money...

465273[/snapback]

i cant agree more it takes countless hours and a massive amount of knolage to be able to get a world record, money isnt enof you gata know every last tweak you can do just to squezze out that extra 2 points to push you to the top you gata know about all type of cooling and all your ram settings. If your asking what is the best ram for doing it your no where near ready to break a record and you need to go lern more.

EDIT: o y not here is a teeser

2.58v

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

Just to show the power of TCCD ram.

http://www.forums.virtual-octane.net/index...?showtopic=1306

(if the VO link is still blocked then you will have to copy and paste)

WRs are very very hard to get. A little chilly1 unit will not do it, will will need a cascade.

I think that I have the WR record for 3dmark05 with air and single cards.

7886 3dmarks

Neone have a straight answer

and i quote "all bench mayb world record material" enphasis on the MAyb....yes i have alot to learn but i also know alot not to much experience with high performance parts i know lots bout everything else thouhg.....

Well it is not that cut and dried. OCZ PC3200 Rev.2 has been seen as high as 315 1:1 on AMD platforms, yielding some truly great results.

OCZ's VX3200 really cranks out the scores with enough volts behind it.

that;s 3.5 and above. you need a fan blowing on the mem sticks directly with those volts. And yes BH-5 can achieve some outrageous speeds also. I suggest you go over to

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/

And do some reading

WZ

IVe read up tons on em i mean i know really really good brands and i know when i posted this i would get flamed...... but did neway cause peeple here have long time overclocking experience but thx ya nice site thx for link

was thinking that i was goin with some g.skill 4400 2.5-3-3-7 stock but stil gotta read up

Edited by RnDestroyer

For TCCD, G.Skill, OCZ and Corsair have some very nice stuff.

OCZ's VX is another great one

Mushkin BH-5 if you can find it. Although virtually everyBH-5 was great.

I believe that DFI board you are talking about makes up to 4.0V to the mem .So I would opt for the OCZ VX. It's guarenteed for life if you stay at or below 3.5 and is extremely fast.

WZ

Edited by weldzilla

ya i have a ddr booster from them layin around match up perfect with that ocz vx but ya ive been lookn all around

465505[/snapback]

^You wont need a ddr booster with that board...

I myself am thinking of grabbing some OCZ VX myself(epox board, but vdimm modded ;) ) Seen some sick clocks with high volts on it. I'm reading that thread tbone posted now though...hmmm...