Potential Car (suv?) Under $8,000

Guest Poopsicle Boy

for a stock offroader, they can do a lot... infact stock I'd say they're top dog. but if you're going to spend $120k on an offroad truck... might as well build to suite and you'll get a lot better.

however for someone of my size, the ride is painful. I'm 6'2" 240lbs. I've got wide shoulders.

left shoulder hitting the driverside window, my left hip is dug into the door. my right hip is dug into the center conole (which is so big you can't reach the person sitting next to you. knees are burried in the dashbord, the top of my head is on the roof... and that's the best I could do with the seat. the stearing wheel is 1/3 the size of the one in any of my trucks. then you go down a michigan road and you feel like you're in a blender. of course you can't hear anything between that noise assed GM diesel and the other crap clattering all around you... why bother with the monsoon sound system and XM radio in there... it's not like you'll ever hear it... and the cd player is also incapable of doing anything due to the bouncing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be because you don't know how to drive in 4 wheel drive.  it doesn't make you super driver. 

509778[/snapback]

...huh? I think you misunderstood me. But I think I can see where you got lost, I didn't make myself clear. Central NC winter = 90% solid ice, 10% snow. Regardless of what youre driving when it starts to come down, it's gonna suck. I know how to drive in 4wd, I was saying I put it in 2wd to turn into my friends driveway (45 degree turn from narrow road to narrow driveway hard to do in 4wd). I stopped right before i got to his driveway, disengaged 4wd, calculated how the hell i was going to make the turn in ice since its hard enough to do it when the road is dry. I barely take my foot off the brake and let it gently idle forward, I get to a spot on the road that looked like it had more snow than ice, so I choose that point to turn the wheels. EEK, it kept going forward instead of turning... so i tapped the braked to get it to slow down, but i figured it wouldnt work since i was on ice. It kept sliding and sliding, headed toward the neighbors mailbox (keep in mind this was at 3-5mph, not high speed :glare: ) Eventually I had to put it in 4wd, and pull this strange maneuver where i put it in reverse, give the gas a little heeve-ho, cut the wheels the opposite direction, and i basically did a 30 degree left turn while not moving forward or backward...just kinda spun it in place, yeah I don't think i could do that again if I WANTED to without a little practice, keeping in mind the trees, cars, mailboxes in the way. Then I dropped him off at his house. Getting back UP the driveway is another story for another day. So yeah I definitely wasn't a super driver, I meant all over the place like....in a bad way, not a good way :lol: