Potential Car (suv?) Under $8,000

Guest Poopsicle Boy

Guest Poopsicle Boy

hey guys im 15 and soon to be 16. i get my learners permit this summer and my license by around febuary of 2006. i have close to 6000 in the bank. hopefully around 8-10k by the time i come to purchasing a car. i really would prefer a SUV. it needs to be from the 90's preferably because the insurance is cheaper but im open to all sorts of ideas. im open to any suggestions/comments anyone has. it has to be 4door and has to last a few years. i dont plan on getting in any accidents or speeding too fast. either a SUV or a nice SEDAN or something. any feedback is really appreciated. thanks guys.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm i dunno if reliability matters to you but i kept a 94' mazda 626 till it had 250k miles on it. and i now have a '90 honda accord with 206k thats just now having troubles. they both got at least 25 miles per gallon on gas. my insurance company... i was quoted around 70-85 bux a month liability for both. btw they are both sedans, no suv. i personally wouldnt reccomend an suv at them moment cuz of lame gas prices. but its your money :)

You could probably find a 98 or 99 Accord for that price. I personally like that body style over the 94-97. Great thing is they're everywhere, so they're like $7000 now from a dealer. If you want an SUV, all I can say are avoid the Passport and older CR-V. The Passport's just suck, and the older CR-V's have no power (barely enough to pull it up a hill)

Funny. In january, i bought a 1998 gmc jimmy with 100k miles for 8k. it has 4wd leather, power everything and a sunroof and towing pkg. so a 1998 (newer style) blazer 2wd should go for 6-10k depending on miles and options. I love mine.