Need New System Bad

aaronamd

ok,....so like..... yeah..... a peice o' . PSU blow out my motherboard and cpu, and video card, and I need to know what the best system thats AMD will be for 600$ USD and it will be used for gaming/"schoolwork" more gaming, I already have the hard drive and 1gig of ddr 400 and the dvd-rom drive so it wont need any of them. it will most likly not be overclocked because of the ram, thissystem wont be built for about...along looooong time due to lack of funds, maybe this summer, if I get a job. for the moment my trusty dual 400mhz PII will have to do, at least it has ultra scsi II. farewell old 2500+, the system in the sig is the one that died.

DFI NF4 Ultra (or SLI)

6600GT PCI-E

Athlon 64 Rev E3 3000+

Antec 350W PSU (for some odd reason 350W is enough, even room for more stuff on the system)

This will run you $517 give or take since the E3 isnt availible on newegg yet, this includes shipping

DFI NF4 Ultra (or SLI)

6600GT PCI-E

Athlon 64 Rev E3 3000+

Antec 350W PSU (for some odd reason 350W is enough, even room for more stuff on the system)

This will run you $517 give or take since the E3 isnt availible on newegg yet, this includes shipping

464779[/snapback]

an Antec 350W psu for an A64 setup? Are you on crack? lol I wouldn't recommend powering an A64 system with anything less than 450W and at least 25A on the +12v rail.

I agree with you on the board and cpu selection and possibly the 6600gt depending on the price discrepancy between it and the x800xl.

Well If you are going to get SLI as stated above then go with the nvidia based video card. As for the powersupply I would get a 450watt psu just to be on the safe side just in case in the future you wanted to add lights or more fans. Since this is a gaming rig shouldn't he get a higher proceessor since he wont be OCing it?

I thank you all very much, I just found out that the mobo and 5900XT still live, now how do I go about returning the 2500+ as it is still under warrenty, and I had that thing up to the speed in my sig, Do I just return it to an authorized AMD reseller like comp USA? I can't return it to where I got it as they went out of business. I DON'T want to wait three weeks! NEED POWER! :D

an Antec 350W psu for an A64 setup? Are you on crack? lol I wouldn't recommend powering an A64 system with anything less than 450W and at least 25A on the +12v rail.

I agree with you on the board and cpu selection and possibly the 6600gt depending on the price discrepancy between it and the x800xl.

465239[/snapback]

I'ts been done, search.

Also the E3 3000+ is easily OCed to higher speeds with little work needed to be done (or at least thats what we hear)