Best Hard Drive / Disk Brand

d3bruts1d

Which Hard Drive Brand Do You Like Best?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hard Drive Brand Do You Like Best?

• Fujitsu
    • Hitachi
    • IBM
    • Maxtor
    • Quantum
    • Samsung
    • Seagate
    • Western Digital
    • Other

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western Digital :D  Never failed me.

464383[/snapback]

:withstupid: most of mine have been WD, and they've been great. I think I put a maxtor in my family's comp, and no problems there, but WD's got the raptors, and they just kick butt.

Maxtor in my machine. First one started making a whining sound, but Maxtor sent me the new drive so I could get all my stuff off before I had to send the bad drive back. Also, the whining wasn't actually data loss. So really, no major problems with Maxtor for me, they've been good to me (and my friends WD had the exact same whining problem happen to him, sooo... only WD didn't seem to be able to send out the new drive first?)

@bigred: Thought seagate were supposed to be really good! I was thinking about getting one of their >250gb drives, the new 7200.8 things. Maybe I won't now though.. :blink:

EDIT: oh yeah, I am tired, I was also going to say that I have never even actually had a hard disk die on me over the past..... lots of years.

Ill go for segate as i had 2 drives from them and both worked very good, but quantum brings back memories of my 1st dead HDD, darn quantum fireball, it is still sitting in my basement somewhere :D

seagate all the way here ^_^ i got a 80 gb for chrismas and so far it has been nothing but pleasure :D!!! its quite and so far no bad bumps in the road for this hd.

I also own a 4 year old wd 40gb 5,200 but it is LOUD and its slow and pisses me off but it still works so i give wd that.

Seagate an WD for desktop (voted Seagate bc they have always seemed quieter overall to me)

Toshiba for Laptop, cool silent, reliable HDDs (I have a 4GB that has been dropped countless time in an external enclosure and it's only lost data ONCE)