Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

Best Hard Drive / Disk Brand

Which Hard Drive Brand Do You Like Best?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hard Drive Brand Do You Like Best?

• Fujitsu
    • Hitachi
    • IBM
    • Maxtor
    • Quantum
    • Samsung
    • Seagate
    • Western Digital
    • Other

I'll probably be doing a number of similar topics over the next few weeks. ;) The idea for it actually came from BloodySunday.

So, what one brand do you like the most? Why? That's this weeks poll.

I have 4 WD drives running right now, 2 raptors, a 80gb and a 40gb, All run 24/7 and havent let me down yet. My 2 maxtors are going out :(

Guest Jeremy

Western Digital has always worked for me. They're quiet, fast, and they always work.

I had a Quantum Bigfoot back in the day.. it was a 5.25" hard drive.. i loved it.. always my favorite.. Quantum gets my vote

whoever said maxtor, they are the worst. =D

but I picked Western Digital. it has never failed me. it worked under really hot conditions and humid. That thing has never ever failed me. unlike some other hard drives.

though quantum shouldn't count, since they're now "maxtor" I still voted for them. I have quite a few of thier high speed scsi drives that have never failed me.

maxtor is next. I've only had a hand full of thier drives fail.

WD is okay, Hitachi is pretty good, IBM is now hitachi, and seagate NEEDS that warranty. thier new bearings are supposed to be so great, yet they sound like a rusty chain saw and last just as long :(

it was a close call between Hitachi and Seagate, i have pure Hitachi in my main rig and Seagate/IBM-Hitachi in my 2nd rig... over the years i've also had Maxtor and WD... i can't remember any others

the Hitachis and Seagates have always lasted way over the warranty but Hitachis take it for me because of the price/performance/noise/reliability factors

WD... I love mah raptors, no problems with them at all, even after lots of video editing. Also have the WD 80gig special edition. All are quiet, and all are fast.

I said WD, I've had quite a few die on me, but I think most of them were my fault and their no questions asked advanced return thing is really nice...new HD in less than a week, don't have to wait around for the normal 2 month RMA from most companies.