Video Card To Tv Input?

i want to play dvds on my 25"tv and my ati 9700 pro gives me a crappy picture

(really fuzzy, blurry, cant see anything w/o hurting my eyes)

is there any recommendations on the most clear video card for tv use?

my tv only has a component rca input for video

so no s-video, vga, mpeg, compatability

just a good clean picture is what im after

let me know your experiences with running a tv from your card

I've had no problems with TV-Out on my video cards. My first card was a Radeon 7500, next one was a FX5200, and my latest card is a 9800Pro. I just connect my TV to them, go into the settings menus, change the resolution to something that can be displayed on my TV, and I'm set. There might be a few adjustments to be made, such as refresh rate, but other than that, there's nothing serious to tweak. Then I just go ahead and fire up a movie. Works great.

yeah i did that with my rear projection worked fine. Although with my 68cm CRT it looked it bit too sharp in areas, wouldn't call it the best but meh. Oh and a projector runs quite nice =D i got mine going atm...heheeh...."borrowed" it from my dad, permanently lol

so i dont have to go and get one of those fancy Hauppauge units then?

whats with the blurryness im getting on the tv?

464356[/snapback]

some tv's look as good as vga using a composite video input while playing dvd's and some look a LOT worse... like a Sony/Hitachi tv usually looks very good and some cheapy rubbish tv with some name no-one's ever heard of (or has a reputation for being crap, e.g. Goodmans, Bush, Alba, etc in the UK) will look like a pile of crap

so it could just be the tv, tried it on another tv?

some tv's look as good as vga using a composite video input while playing dvd's and some look a LOT worse... like a Sony/Hitachi tv usually looks very good and some cheapy rubbish tv with some name no-one's ever heard of (or has a reputation for being crap, e.g. Goodmans, Bush, Alba, etc in the UK) will look like a pile of crap

so it could just be the tv, tried it on another tv?

464419[/snapback]

my tv is an older but perfect working RCA (single yellow component input only)

i also tried it on a brand new (2004) Samsung 32" flat tube (hooked up s-video directly, also tried the yellow component)

both were pretty fuzzy looking to the point where my eyes hurt trying to browse about windows

the output was on TV in the ati catalyst panel

i tried different resolution and refresh settings with no avail

so, its either get a fancy vga to tv converter box, or try to find a used 30" crt

both were pretty fuzzy looking to the point where my eyes hurt trying to browse about windows

464931[/snapback]

change the rez to 800x600? instead of 1024x768...

the text will be bigger then...