Modding My Keyboard...

I'm thinking about carving/cutting out the letters on each of the keys on my keyboard and putting some LEDs in there somewhere. But I don't know if I can pull enough voltage through the PS2 port. Maybe I'll find a way to put some clear/translucent stuff in or behind the holes/letters. Of course I'll have to try this with an old POS first... Any ideas?

EDIT: wait a minute, my keyboard is wireless! LMAO! I guess I'd just have to add another battery and a switch to turn it off.

EDIT: I got the idea after reading this thread.

Edited by Bleeble

hmm, are you planning to put leds behind each button? What are you going to use to cut them out? I'd say just go for one of those pre-lit keyboards, man i need one of those i cant see the keys at night :lol:. But if you do it, i would like to see your progress, (just so i can pint and laugh :D j/k), well good luck on it! (i havent been so helpful, eh? oh well maybe next time... :D)

EDIT: I just realized, how would you make the Q/R/O/P/A/D/B/4/6/8/9/etc. keys? that old army-spray-thingy style? (like ( ) for O?)

You could put LEDs behind the keys and then they would shine through the gaps in between the keys. You could also put some up at the top pointing down over the keys so that theyd be visible in the dark.

Im doing a complete paint job on mine to match my new tower that im making. Thats why I needed the stickers.

I'd probably make the ones with circles like the army/stencil designs. I haven't figured out how I'll cut em out yet. I'm just thinking of ideas right now. If I actually do it, I'll make sure I post some pics. Maybe I'll cut the keys with a pointed, round file that'd work. Oh, and I don't think I'll put an LED for each key... that's like 8000 volts I'd need coursing through my keyboard. wow, that'd be bad if I spilled something :lol:

EDIT: I could just put the LEDs behind the keys, but that wouldn't be as cool :P ...or nearly as difficult, but that's not the point.

EDIT: I'll just hook my keyboard up to a fricking car battery with a transformer. lol

I'd probably make the ones with circles like the army/stencil designs. I haven't figured out how I'll cut em out yet. I'm just thinking of ideas right now. If I actually do it, I'll make sure I post some pics. Maybe I'll cut the keys with a pointed, round file that'd work. Oh, and I don't think I'll put an LED for each key... that's like 8000 volts I'd need coursing through my keyboard. wow, that'd be bad if I spilled something :lol:

EDIT: I could just put the LEDs behind the keys, but that wouldn't be as cool :P  ...or nearly as difficult, but that's not the point.

464277[/snapback]

haha, well you could do it... well im tired so i cant think, :sleep::sleep::sleep:

:D

good luck on it!

Those glow in the dark stickers with a UV ccfl over them somewhere, (no need to have it too close), would shine like hell ;)

I've experienced with glow in the dark stuff with UV ccfl, and it works like if you had a light shining for hours on them.

Edited by kobalt