Amd Temps

Hey guys i have the 2 AMD MP 1.2GHz processors that are very nice and run stable when not overclocked. One of them has a better processor fan and you can tell the differance because there is a differance in the temperatures of about 3-4C. They are overclocked to 1.8GHz and they run around 40C, going over 40C every once and a while. What temperature should they be at? Is that a good temperature or should they be running cooler? Thank you for the help and taking the time to read this forum. Have a great day guys!

running in the low to mid 40s is fine. no worries until you hit mid 50s. 60 is very bad, and 65 is panic time. my a64 hits about 47~48 when i am doing alot of gaming. idle temps are in the high 30s.

If you get those temps while under full load then they are not that bad, but i would want to get them a bit lower if that is your idle temps. Get some new heatsinks and fans and put some as5 on and that should reduce your temps.

alright thank you guys, it is when i first load the computer up and all that good stuff. i have pc alert III for my msi mobo run on startup and then when i run my css server or adobe photoshop CS its around 42 never much more than 45. one of the hsf is the standard one, and it gets up there really quickly. but thank you for the help.

does anyone know of a good utility thats free to oc the cpu and ram from the windows desktop? can someone please send me a link or the name of a product that free online? i apreciate it very much