Omg My Fan Is Broked

Aeromun

my videocard fan just stopped working(its plugged into the card).I tried a different fan in the plug and it still didnt work..so i guess the card is somehow bad, the card works fine, its just the fan header on it that doesnt work, im thinking this is a bad sign :( ...i would RMA it but ill have to do some uhhh cover up work since not only have I OCed it but ive changed the cooler and lost one of the screws that came with it :unsure:

im pretty sure i can buy the screw at a hardware store...but do you think i should bother RMAing it? i mean, i just ripped an old 60mm proc fan off my older comp then took the HS out of its plastic casing an hotglued it on there, so the cooling is solved, im just worrying about how this faulty fan header says about the rest of the card... ;)

Guest Poopsicle Boy

im guessing you got the card from newegg? they dont know jack about tech specs they just provide the product. as long as you have most of the stuff it came with and it looks like it did when you got it your fine. and ifnot they will send it back to you and there you have your answer.

well, yes i got it from newegg, but it was retail so i believe its only a 30 day warranty (which im sure ive passed), but maybe if its longer ill do that.Im guessing i dont need the box, i have all the original hardware and manuals, etc just no packaging except i did cut off all the barcodes and stickers

I just registered it on the ATI site, so if i cant do newegg ill think about ATI...

EDIT:i just read Neweggs warranty info, i can only get a replace of refund within 30 days on my retail card, UNLESS

Edited by Aeromun

Guest Silenc3

If it is retail rma it to the manufactorererererere (sp?)

sending it into newegg would take over a month at least.

Though since you did loose one of the screws, you pretty much screwed yourself. Its a risk you take when tangling with the product.

If it is retail rma it to the manufactorererererere (sp?)

sending it into newegg would take over a month at least.

Though since you did loose one of the screws, you pretty much screwed yourself. Its a risk you take when tangling with the product.

462621[/snapback]

yup...im just gonnnna keep it, if it breaks, ill ask one of my friends ,whos dad works at intel, for a new one, his dad gets free ones all the time so im hoping he can snag me one :D

nothing needs to be attached to the fan header for it to work...just run it off a molex. The fan you used(60mm) probably drew too much amps and fried the header...they only put out what, ~.1 amps?. If they dont take it, just splice fan to molex and you're set(both my gpu fans are on molex, nothing on fan header)