Random Restarts

Guest Poopsicle Boy

Guest Poopsicle Boy

My new pc randomly restarts, after about 2 hours of being on or when i try to play hl2. (i was able to play cs:s though. any ides? and sometimes it doesnt evben get to the bootscreen it just restarts again and again. but other timnes it doesnt. if it does i wait a min turn it on and it runs... im really confused. its a brand new pc. any help would be awsome! thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Poopsicle Boy

ok now it doesnt restart bnut when i load hl2 up i get a error something about nv4_disp.dll any ideas anyone?

Guest Jeremy

Sounds like a video card driver issue. Did you install the latest drivers after you built the PC?

Guest Poopsicle Boy

ive got the latest drivers in it yet. i just tried to load hl2 after reinstalling hte newest drivers and it gave me a blue screen with a buncha stuff and it said something about kmixer.sys and then i restarted and it came to the login screen and i got a very similar blue screen but this time it said something about irq_not_less_equal or something similar to that... any ideas?

Guest Poopsicle Boy

now im gettin stuff about kmixer.sys which is a windows sound file...

Guest Raven65

one of 2 maybe 3 problems.

1. Your video card is overheating causing the system to reboot. Or it could be your CPU also getting to critical heat level.

2. You need to reformat.

3. Run a virus scan. Go to Symantec's security page and download the virus fixes that they may have you might have a virus that your anti virus doesn't pick up. Could also be adware.