Socket 754 Or 939?

which socket would be better? my guess would be 939, but you guys know better than me. whichever socket overclocks better, and whichever one is not gonna be phased out for the longer period is the one i'm gonna go for if i can help it.

thanks guys

the 939 won't be phased for a while. the 754 is just about to be.

if you are folding then the 754 would be better. but not for gaming.

the 939 have a 90nm die so the runn cooler and overclock higher. also AMD si going to release the newer versions of these chips

s754 is fine for gaming. :)

If you want future upgradability then get s939. To be honest if you are buying right now there really isn't a reason to get s754.

I used a 754 for gaming for about 2 months, and it worked perfectly fine. But if your worried about lifespan, go with 939 on the nforce4 platform. That way, you can run pci-e. 939 is really nice also because you can run dual channel, and 754 is only single.

But if your worried about lifespan, go with 939 on the nforce4 platform.  That way, you can run pci-e. 939 is really nice also because you can run dual channel, and 754 is only single.

462535[/snapback]

definately go with the 939 with nforce4

you cant go wrong with this socket/chipset combo

The new dual core processors they are coming out with are supposed to only work on skt939 (for amd anyway) from what I read they wont be offered on 754. This coupled with the dual channel feature and all that makes the 939 just a few months more future proof anyway.