Dvd-r Vs. Dvd+r

The_WRATH

i dont really no the difference between the two, except that dvd+rs cost a bit more. what ive also heard is that if you mess up on a dvd+r that you can burn it again using the same disk or something lol, and that dvd-rs are like regular...cdrs lol

Guest Jeremy

Well DVD+R's are compatible with more drives than DVD-R's, and in my experience, they work better. I'm not sure if you can burn it again using the same disc, though it may be possible.

its just format, someone suggested one holds video and one holds data better. but its been my experience that they are the same but toshiba doesnt use + and Sony uses +/-. I think its like vhs vs betamax, different companies use different things. I do not think there is a noted diff.

Correct me if im wrong anyone

Yeah its all about compatability. I've never seen one that is superior over the other. What I do is buy a small pack of each and find out which ones play back in your dvd player better. Once you know then go hog wild and buy a bulk pack of discs, or whatever you plan on doing. And no you can't burn over a +R or anything if you mess up on it, for that you need a RW disc. For me a -R disc is more compatible with my dvd player so I tend to buy more of them. You need to find out which works for you.

For me a -R disc is more compatible with my dvd player so I tend to buy more of them. 

462355[/snapback]

so i guess no one chooses -Rs for their price eh? lol

462566[/snapback]

Apparently you did not read my post :P

I bought a pack of -Rs one day and found out that all of my DVD players are compatible with it, along with a bunch of my friends' players. I never bothered with +R media since -R has worked for me everytime. It's also a plus that my first and final choice just happened to be cheaper.