New Psu

Hey guys,

I need some help on deciding which PSU to get. I was looking at the OCZ Modstream series and maybe the Antec NeoPower. My condition is to have modular cables and I would prefer something with decent noise level.

Antec NeoPower 480W.......$159 CAD

OCZ Modstream 450W.......$119 CAD

OCZ Modstream 520W.......$149 CAD

Thanx...

I just went from an Enermax NoiseTaker (pretty quiet) to an Antec TrueControl 550W. The Antec is no noiser than the Enermax by my ears. But.. any of those are gonna be good :) I think I might edge toward the Antec, I really like mine (and nrg will likely reply with how the Antecs has 3% voltage tolerances compared to 5%, which is also cool)

EDIT: Oh yeah, love your avatar :D Good old Krytee :)

I have heard that the rails on those Mod Streams arent that great.

I got an AnteC TrueBlue 480W atm, and its great, very quiet and rock solid rails (measured with DMM, and 12V rail is never more than 12.01V or less than 12V :O:D)

...yea thats a kool avatar, Kryten isgreat!

I have heard that the rails on those Mod Streams arent that great.

I got an AnteC TrueBlue 480W atm, and its great, very quiet and rock solid rails (measured with DMM, and 12V rail is never more than 12.01V or less than 12V :O:D)

...yea thats a kool avatar, Kryten isgreat!

461741[/snapback]

That's some pretty accurate voltages lol

Mine's adjustable, so 12v is set at 12.05v and 5v is set at 5.05v. Just a tiny little bit extra incase :) I can't say I have actually seen them move yet though. Quite cool!

Thanx for all the replies. So I spend a little extra, and got the NeoPower instead. It's worth the money for sure. My +12V is now 12.16V (was around 12.5V before) and so are other rails.... :P Those are only readings from PC Probe. I'll measure it with a multimeter when I get some time.

one more vote for the Neopower... modstreams suck... ocz do another one that's alright... powerstream? dunno, there are better psu's than ocz for the money imo

edit: oh lol, you already got it, nm...